FIVE ESSENTIALS FOR VICTORY
- Know when to fight and when not to
- Know when to use many or few troops
- Obtain wholehearted support of your troops
- Be well prepared to seize favorable opportunities
- Free yourself from interference from superiors
FIVE STEPS TO VICTORY
- Create conditions your enemy can’t overcome
- Timing is everything
- Determine whether the battle is worth fighting. If you can’t win, don’t engage.
- Take advantage of your opponents mistakes
- You can create both offensive and defensive strategies that are insurmountable
No matter how hard you work or how much you prepare you will encounter things that you didn’t plan for…the key is adapting and being prepared mentally to achieve victory.
Act as if…
Picture in your head what victory will look like then work your strategy backwards to determine who to make the victory happen.
To truly win, we need to integrate strategy and motivation.
How do YOU apply this to business and your career?
Excerpts taken from “The Art of War” by Sun Tzu.